Tuesday, July 17, 2012

This is a 3 part miracle. part one- they got the note. part 2- he called! Thats huge, btw- no one ever calls us when we leave notes. and part 3- they came to church and we were able to set up an appointment with them! YAY!

7-16-2012
Familia,

This week has been okay. Really slow, a lot of our appointments ended up bailing for one reason or another, lots of people are having family emergencies.  But Millie and I were both a bit sicker this last week, so we got some time to rest. Which was good and much needed. But due to that, I really don't have any good stories about people we visited.

But Wednesday we had a mini bday party for millie, so that was fun. She made herself a cake and decorated it. I watched. I'm a bad companion, but she was having so much fun. . . I just let her do it. :)

Thursday or something we got a note on our door that we can't park in the parking lot of our building anymore because the bank is foreclosing on it. soo. .  That means our apartment is probably next. Millie and I get to go apartment shopping this week! Yay!

Saturday we had an appointment with a man I met in a park. We met him in the same park, which is in the middle of la selva (super mexican), and cars kept slowing down and trying to figure out why this guy was meeting with two white girls. But it was okay. He's not super interested, but it was still a good lesson.

Sunday something pretty cool happened. A little bit of background for the story. . .  On Wednesday or something Millie and I were looking for some inactive members and some former investigators, and we tried an hermano who has a nonmember daughter, who i've tried a couple of times but they are never home. They weren't home, and it was one of those apartments where you have to get buzzed in to even get to their actual apartment. Millie wanted to leave them a note, and I was hesitant, because who knows if they'd even get it, we'd have to put it on the front door to the whole apartment building. But we did. And they actually got it! and actually responded! Sunday morning the hermano called me and told me he got our note, and asked what time church started. and they came! This is a 3 part miracle. part one- they got the note. part 2- he called! Thats huge, btw- no one ever calls us when we leave notes. and part 3- they came to church and we were able to set up an appointment with them! YAY!

A member gave us an eliptical and a stationary bike yesterday. So I'm gonna try to start working off some of these tortillas before I get home. :)

And this morning. . . I walked out our door and heard some people talking in Spanish to a member kid, Frankie, who lives above us. Frankie doesn't speak Spanish really well, so I tell them, and they come down and talk to us. JW's. It was kind of a hostile encounter, cos I told them our whole building is mormon, and they got like all defensive and I got defensive. . . but we took their paper. And they didn't take ours. It was Millie's first encounter with the testigos, and she thought it was super exciting. :)

Sorry for the boring week. We'll try to do better next week and have some more adventures!

Love you all!

Les Quiero,
Shaelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment