Saturday, December 31, 2011

I hope that everyone has a great New Year!

12-28-2011
Familia,

Well. I don't really know what to write today, since I just talked to the majority of those who read this on Christmas. Which was awesome by the way, loved talking to all of you.

So I guess for those that I didn't talk to,  I'll give a quick update.

Luis was baptized!!! It was super super awesome. A few days before we were texting him to see how he was, and he told us he was a little nervous, but we told him to just have faith and keep reading and praying and everything would be fine. and this is what his response was: "Yea I know and my faith has been getting stronger every time i read and pray. cant wait for Saturday." That was the coolest text I have ever gotten in my life. And then on Saturday for his baptism, EVERYTHING WENT SMOOTHLY!! It was truly a miracle. It even only started 10 minutes late. The only thing that happened was that Luis forgot his towel and Elder Allen who baptized him forgot EVERYTHING, but in the long run everything went well. And all of Luis' family came, and if any of them are members, none of them are active, so that was really really cool too.  And then on Sunday Luis got confirmed and the blessing was awesome. Like the most beautiful blessing I have ever heard. It talked about how Luis would be an example to his family and have a desire to share the gospel and would prepare for and serve a full time mission. Oh my gosh, I wanted to cry listening to that blessing. It was so special.

Christmas was good. For Christmas Eve we opened presents with the Elders in the morning and then we went over to a member from the English ward's house and ate dinner with them and a few other families. Then they gave us presents! and we read Luke 2 and watched the Forgotten Carols. On Christmas we only had an hour of church, and it was just a special program where every different group sang a musical number, which meant lots of piano playing for me. After church we went to the Bishop's house with another family and the Elders and ate lunch, had a testimony meeting, and played taboo. Then for the night we went to Sotero's house and ate dinner with Silvia, Nolberto, and their brother Roberto. It was very drama free which was a nice change from their house lately.

Umm. Other than that nothing new. Doesn't look like Rosa will be baptized this Saturday because we haven't been able to meet with her so far this week, and we were hoping to have her interview yesterday but she had doctor appointments and other things come up. But I'm sure everything will be fine and she'll be baptized soon.

Transfers are next week. I really have no idea whats going to happen. I REALLY don't want to get moved yet, which probably means I will. yuck. I guess I'll let you know next week what happened!

Well. I think thats about it. I hope everyone had a merry Christmas! And that everyone has a great New Year!

Les Quiero,
Shaelyn


Pitchas:

1.       Christmas Eve!



2.       Christmas Uno!



3.       Jesus Loves You!




4.       Luis Crisanto fue bautizado el 24 de Dic.




5.       Christmas PJs




6.       Attempting to put together the puzzle you sent me




7.       The whole crew at the Bishop's house!






No comments:

Post a Comment