Sunday, October 30, 2011

TRANSFERS!

10-12-2011

Familia,
 
 TRANSFERS! Tuesday morning I got a call that I was to be transferred to the Aurora North area. And now I am here. My companion is Hermana Maughan from Arizona, and she seems pretty cool. Her first area was actually Rockford as well, which is awesome, we at least have something in common to talk about. This area should be pretty different, its a huge area and I'm going to be serving in a ward, not a branch. Coming into the area, there are already 4 investigators with baptismal dates.  I was spoiled with the apartment though in Rockford. Here we have one bathroom, and have to pay for laundry. Its still a nice apartment, but just nothing compared to Rockford. Hopefully I can adjust. :P

So thats my biggest news. Last week was pretty good. I was really nervous all week because I could just feel that I was being transferred, and to be honest I really didn't want to be. I love love love Rockford and all of the people there. I love Hermana Summers, and we got along super well with the Elders in our district, and the members were awesome, especially our friend Miel. When I called to let her know I was being transferred we both cried- and I don't cry very often, so thats saying something. I'm also going to miss the investigators a ton. When I told Rosario y Agustin that I might be leaving, they both cried, hard. And they have been being taught by missionaries for 10 years, so it made me feel loved.  But everyone only has good things to say about this area. I'm sure I'll come to love it too.

We had one really sweet thing happen last week. We were knocking doors, and not having a ton of success, but we knocked one door and the girl opened the door in tears, and Hermana Summers just said, "We can see that you are having a little bit of a difficult day, so we don't want to take too much of your time, but we are missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and I can promise you that the message we have will help you, in whatever struggles you are going through."  And this girl just opened up, and told us she was having troubles with her boyfriend, and all of her friend and been telling her she needed to find Jesus and she asked us if she could make an appointment with us to come back. So we went back the next day, and had an AWESOME lesson. Her name is Krystal, and she has lived here in Illinois since she was 9 months old, but when she was 18 she was deported. So she basically got dropped off in a country she had never really lived in, and she said she barely even spoke Spanish. She met her boyfriend there, and they recently made it back. She is only 22 now.  She just opened up to us about a ton of problems she'd been having, that she wasn't happy and she thinks its because she isn't doing what God wants her to do. When we asked her what kind of relationship she wanted with God, she said she wants him to be her best friend, and she is willing to do anything she has to for that to happen. She said she's always been a hardworker, and if she can set her mind to working hard at a crappy job, why can't she set her mind to having an hour day devoted to God, to pray and read the scriptures. She is so awesome and so ready, we asked her if she would be baptized and she said yes. I am pretty bummed that I won't be there to watch her progress. We usually  meet with people once a week, but she asked us if we could even come twice a week. So awesome.

I love you all, thanks for your emails and letters. I hope everything continues to go well.

Les querio muchisimo,

Shaelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment