Monday, September 17, 2012

So overall, we didn't have a bad week. Hopefully the next one will be better. :)

9-17-2012
Familia,

This week has been okay. Surprisingly successful given i've been on drugs since Thursday. Thats right, I'm sick again. I know its super surprising. I have bronchitis once again. The nurse practitioner was floored when i told her I've never smoked nor did I grow up in a home with smokers. Maybe bad lungs are genetic?  Either way, the drugs they put me on basically make me a zombie missionary. So Hermana Milliron is being a pro missionary and i'm just following her around. But we had some good appointments, and picked up some investigators that had disappeared for a couple of months.

The investigators we found were Graciela and her daughter Lizette. I can't remember if I've told you about them, but they are super awesome. Graciela was a referral from a member in Aurora. She is a seventh day adventist and the single mom of 2 kids. She has a TON of faith and has seen some super legit miracles.  Its a little difficult teaching her though, because she is super super busy. So the last time we saw her was in July. Also its difficult teaching her because her beliefs are so close to our beliefs that its a little difficult to really help her understand how we're different, and what it means.  Like she believes in prophets, and believes that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that the Book of Mormon is true, she just doesn't believe that that means that there is only one true church. But she is a super sweet lady, and I love visiting with her. I feel like I learn a lot from her whenever we visit.

The Armenta's are good. We finally had a little bit of a breakthrough with Patty and figured out a little bit of whats holding her back from being baptized. She basically feels like she's half Catholic, and half Mormon, because her dad is Catholic, and her mom Mormon, and she likes what she learns at our church, but she just doesn't really have any desire to get baptized any time soon. Also our ward mission leader confusing the crap out of her with the stupid stuff he says doesn't help. But she and her sister still want to learn, are still at church every week, and HOPEFULLY will finally start reading the Book of Mormon.

Imelda finally has been feeling a little bit better and made it to church! So that was a miracle.

So overall, we didn't have a bad week. Hopefully the next one will be better. :)

I love you tons, hope all is well.

Les Quiero,
Shaelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment