Monday, September 10, 2012

So I'm still a missionary!

9-10-2012
Familia,

Umm. Well. So I'm still a missionary! I really have no idea what to write in these emails anymore. I remember back when I was in rockford and all the old missionaries would complain about how they hated emailing and had nothing to say, and were sick of pdays. I thought they were crazy, but now I understand. I just don't know what to say. And we're scraping the bottom of the barrel on fun pday activity ideas. Going to the city and not spending money can only be fun for so long. :P

This week was good. Pretty normal. We kind of had two pdays which was sort of cool, and also exhausting. Monday we got half a pday for shopping and stuff, and then Tuesday a full one. So by Wednesday we had super bad pday hangovers. But we worked through it. We had all of our regular appointments, and once again got fed way too much. The families are doing well. The Armenta's still aren't reading the Book of Mormon, so we're trying to figure out how to help them do that, but they are still regularly attending church.

We are visiting a less active hermana who's son died about a month ago, and she's finally starting to not be the saddest person I have ever met in my life. She has actually come to church the last couple of weeks and wants us to read the Book of Mormon with her every week.

Liz is still awesome. She hasn't been able to come to church for forever because her mother in law fell down a full flight of stairs and she's been super busy taking care of her, but we finally got an appointment with her and she's so solid still. She is sharing the gospel with her friends and was super stoked when we showed her the new spanish mormon.org site.

Imelda is still out of commission because of her super bad arthritis in her knees. I'm trying to get the ward more involved with visiting her too, but so far I think its still just the us. But she's so awesome, and wants to get back to church asap so she can continue preparing to go to the temple in a year. And she keeps telling us how much she wishes she had found the Church when she was younger. Man she is so so awesome.

Finally got to visit with the Rivera family again this week. They've been super busy, with school starting and Hermana Modesta working way too much. But Evelin got sick and had to have an operation to stop nose bleeds, so Hermana got some work off. It was really good to see them, I've missed them a ton.

This last week we also helped an hermana in the ward, Hermana Arreguin study for her citizenship test. It was SUPER stressful. But she passed!

Okay. I think thats about all of the news I can think of to share with you this week. It was really a pretty normal week. This next week we're going to start trying to track down some inactive members. We have a ward directory and I don't even know half of the people on the list, so we're going to try to see if they even still live in the ward, and if so whats going on. Hopefully we'll be able to find some new people to teach in the process.

I hope everything is going well for you, that school and work and all that is good.

Love you tons!

Les quiero,
Shaelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment