Monday, June 25, 2012

Evelin and Danae got baptized on Saturday! It was awesome.

6-25-2012
Familia,

This week has been ridiculous. Mostly because of the heat. but I'm some how surviving it. I'm not really sure how. . . But so far so good. But if you don't hear from me next week, its because I've melted. Just a heads up.

Things are going well with the new comp. Her name is Hermana Rachel Milliron, and she is from Portland. She learned Spanish in school, and was in the advanced program at the MTC, so she already speaks a good deal. :) Its kind of a relief that I don't have to have someone that has no idea whats going on again. She can actually like participate in lessons. Which is kind of difficult now that I'm so used to teaching solo. :P But we're all adjusting. She definitely has that greenie fire, and it helps me get my butt in gear. In the training meeting pres kept going on about how he chose us to train because he knows we'll help the new missionaries get a good start blah blah blah, but really I know he chooses the missionaries that are super worn out to be trainers so that the greenies can make them work. :P

Evelin and Danae got baptized on Saturday! It was awesome. I'm not a cryer, but I ALMOST teared up during their baptism, and their confirmations. I can't explain why, just that the spirit was super strong. These girls are the best. You have to meet them. And you will, because this is a family that I am going to be in contact with for the rest of my life.

Surprisingly enough the baptism went off without a hitch. We had hot water, it filled in time, the drain was plugged, and all of the speakers showed up. :) After they were baptized I put in a movie for people to watch while they changed, and then I went out to wait for them to get out of the bathroom. When they came out and saw me the first thing they did was book it down the hall and gave me a big hug. They were so excited and happy. And then Sunday they got confirmed. I was playing the piano in sacrament meeting, so I was sitting up on the stand when it happened and could really see their faces. They were so sososososo excited. And the spirit was amazing. In Evelin's confirmation it talked about her serving a mission. :) After wards I asked them how it was, and they said to me, "I felt something hot in my chest, what was that? Was that the holy ghost? I felt that when they told me to receive the holy ghost." BAM. AMAZING. Love them. haha also- they had only been official members for like 5 hours when they started asking me deep doctrine questions. "who is god's parents? who does god pray to? when we're resurrected are we all resurrected, good and bad? when does that happen? Where did god come from?" They are 11 and 9. I'm pretty sure when I was that age all I ever asked was when I could get a puppy.

Besides the baptism this week has been focused on finding people, considering we just baptized basically our whole teaching pool. Luckily with the greenie fire, we were able to talk to a lot of people, and I got some old referrals contacted that really seem to have interest. One of them is named Graciela, and she is a 7th Day Adventist, but we had a super legit lesson with her and she told us a little bit about herself and she definitely has a lot of faith, knows how to pray, and how to get answers. And wants to read the Book of Mormon and know if its true. She's legit. I'm excited for her.

Also- on Hna Milliron's first day, she talked to a lady at the grocery store (GO GREENIES!) and we actually ended up getting her phone number, and gave her a call and we have an appointment with her tonight. Hna Milliron is super excited, considering it was her first contact and everything.

Okay, no more time. We're going downtown to go bowling, and I gotta go meet the elders.

Love you all!

Les quiero,
Shaelyn



fotos:


momma brown and baby milliron


baptism!





me and carla


me and my girl's!




No comments:

Post a Comment