Tuesday, March 6, 2012

He just has so many questions, but luckily is willing to pray super sincerely to know the truth.

3-5-2012
Familia,

Oh man, I never know what to write in these emails. . .  I don't know if I have any exciting stories for you this week. But it was still a good week.

I went on exchanges on Friday over to Aurora, and it was so fun. I got to say goodbye to some more people who I hadn't been able to see before I left. They were all super stoked to see me when I showed up, it was really nice to feel loved.  Also while I was there Hermana Maughan and I picked up a family of new investigators for the Aurora Hermanas, so that was awesome. While I was in Aurora, Hermana Alvarez came here and worked some magic in Cicero. She found someone we've been looking for ever since I got here, his name is Leo and his Mom is a member, but less active, but he has expressed interest in getting baptized. So Hermana Alvarez came, found him, and set him on date to be baptized on the 17th! YAY!

Man, what else happened this week . . . Umm, yesterday we had stake conference. And it was actually really cool, because they split it into two sections, one in the morning in English, and one in the afternoon in Spanish. Its the first time they've done it, and I think it was a hit. We had a member of the seventy here, Elder Melchor or something, and his talk was excellent. Erasmo also made it to church! It was the first time he's come, and I think it was a little weird for him, especially with it being stake conference. But he has some friends that are members and we were able to have him sit with them, and there were some talks that I think were perfect for him. He also got to meet President Doll. I think it was good, but when I asked him how he like it afterward, he told me mas o menos. . .  uh oh! I can tell he has lots of questions, he always does- but we'll clear those up next time we meet with him. We also had a really super awesome lesson with him this week. He just has so many questions, but luckily is willing to pray super sincerely to know the truth. We talked more about baptism and read 3 Nephi 11 with him. He said he's never really believed that baptism was necessary, but he would like to be baptized if thats what he is supposed to do. He thinks it would be good. :) He just has such a sincere desire to know whats right. Definitely a contrite spirit, broken heart, and real intent. He is amazing.

Other than that, the work around here still consists of a lot of finding. Its different then the pace we had in Aurora which was running from appointment to appointment. But its good. We've got a good number of appointments set up this week with potential investigators, and hopefully those will turn into progressing investigators. Also, the English elders here are AWESOME and basically go tracting for us. We get referrals from them all the time. They are the best.

Anyway I think thats about all thats new this week. I hope everything is going well for you all. Spring is almost here! We can make it!

Here are some pictures from the Brookfield Zoo from last preparation day, and other miscellaneous photos.

Les quiero muchisimo!
Shaelyn







 



 





 


 






No comments:

Post a Comment