Monday, March 12, 2012

We taught them the Plan of Salvation, and they loved it.

3-12-2012
Familia,

Bad news and good news. Good news: its starting to get warmer. Bad news: HUMIDITY. I fetchin hate humidity. I had forgotten how terrible it is, until last night when I couldn't sleep to save my life because I felt like I was in a sauna. I ended up in the living room on the couch, with the windows open and the AC going and still didn't sleep. Its only March. This summer is going to be rough.

This week has been kind of one of those blah weeks. Basically every appointment decided to cancel, including our appointments with Leo and Erasmo. . .  Booo. . .  But we had a really good cita with Rita and her fam, it had been 2 weeks since we'd seen them, because her esposo, Tony was sick. But they had ALL read! YAY! We taught them the Plan of Salvation, and they loved it. Even Tony, who was the big obstacle when Rita was taught before. They even said they'd all go to church yesterday. . . but they didn't show up. :( But they are still considered awesome and WILL be baptized.

We also found quite a few new investigators this week. Four of them came from a family where just the Mom is a member, she is a recent convert, but less active because she has to work on Sundays. But we are now teaching her husband and 3 of her kids! We are also teaching a family that we found this week, Xochitl and her kids, and they seem pretty cool. Xochitl's dad is a member, and she really wants to learn more and get religion in the life of her kids. And we are now teaching the mom of one of our investigators. Her name is Carmen, and she is 84 years old. :) She was taught before but then was in the hospital for a long time and the missionaries lost contact with her. She says she wants to be baptized. .  the only problem is that she is so sick she can't come to church. .  . But she has been getting a lot better apparently, and hopefully will continue to improve. If not, at least we are teaching a way sweet lady.

Umm. I think thats about all the news I have this week! I'm sorry! Hopefully something AWESOME will happen this week. I'm planning on it at least.

Well, sorry this email is a little shorter than usual, but I don't have much time today. We're going to the city to watch the elders eat a giant hamburger and make themselves sick, and then going to the field museum! I'm stoked for the museum, it'll be legit.

I hope you all have a great week, and survive with Dad in Mexico!

Les quiero!!
Shaelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment