Monday, June 6, 2011

A Little Bit of Spanish

6-3-2011

Querida Familia,

Everything is going well here. The days are all pretty much the same, so I don't feel like I really have anything new to write you. So my apologies if this ends up being a shorter email. I imagine most of them while I'm here at the MTC will be that way.

My ankle is healing nicely. I am now in an ankle brace and off crutches, and am mostly pain free. The cookies helped a lot with the healing process, so thank you for those. I loved them. Also, I am sure my district will love you after I give them the ones I couldn't eat.

Spanish is coming along okay. Its still rough to try and teach in it, but outside of class we are supposed to speak our language as much as possible, and as a result Spanish has started to invade my dreams and thoughts. The other day I was talking to someone and was trying to say, "but. . . " and ended up saying, "pero. . ." which I think is a good sign, if not slightly ridiculous. I'm even picking up the filler words that are used in Spanish such as entonces, pues, and bueno.

Things are going really well with my companionship. Last night Hermana Allred was feeling homesick and was a little down and as a result we ended up having a really good talk and were up way too late. (11:10 pm, which feels like the middle of the night now.) I feel like I've known these girls forever, and I'm really glad that we are getting along.

Other than those little bits of news, everything is exactly the same as always. We have class for at least 6 hours a day, multiple hours of personal and companionship study, at least an hour of language study a day, and then we have to fit in 40 minutes of gym time and three meals. Its hard to find something interesting to write about in my journal at night, as every day feels exactly like the last. But its good. I sometimes don't feel like its real life, but its good.

I love you all a bunch! Make sure you give Carmel a big hug for me when you get home! and LOTS of walks!!!

Yo se que La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Días es verdadero. Yo se que Jesucristo es el Hijo de Dios y nuestro Salvador. Tambien, se que Dios y Jesucristo nos aman.

so yeah, there´s that little bit of Spanish for you. just to prove I´m learning something.

Con Cariño,

Hermana Brown

A week later. Got to love that color!

An outing to the temple.

The night before the other 3 leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment