Saturday, October 20, 2012

"so tell me, where does this book come from?"


10-16-2012

Familia,

Well, this week has been good. We had some pretty good appointments and are seeing some great stuff. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to write today, so I'll try to sum it up pretty quickly.

We had an appointment with the referral miracle we had from last week. His name is Efrain and he is awesome. I called him the night before our appointment to confirm, and I left message asking him to call us back and let us know if there was going to be a woman at his home, cos if not we needed to bring one. He never called us back, so I was a little worried he was just gonna bail, but we go to his house for the appointment, and he comes right out with his jacket on and everything and was like, "there's only 4 men here, wanna go to the dunkin donuts down the street?" and he was to his car faster than we were! So we met him there, and didn't even have to direct the lesson cos the first thing he says to us when we sit down is, "so tell me, where does this book come from?" talking about the Book of Mormon. He told us he is looking for something. That he feels empty, and that he feels hungry. But not for bread or water. haha After the appointment Millie and I got in the car and just looked at each other like, "did that really just happen?" He seems super legit.

We are also teaching that family from Guatemala I told you about, the Luarcas. The kids LOVE us and are so stoked to get baptized. We're still waiting on permission from the mom unfortunately. But they are reading the Book of Mormon, and love it. They are really smart kids.

Something super cute that happened this week: A granddaughter of a member called us (her mom isn't a member) and asked us to pray for her brother cos he was in the hospital. She's 6, and her brother is 8. So we prayed with her over the phone so her brother would be better. :) it was adorable.

Well, thats about all i've got time for. Hope all is well!

Les Quiero,
Shaelyn

fotos 
 
temple pictures
 
 
 
the salgado kids all decided they wanted to go on a car ride.
 
 

more fotos
 


more of the temple
 
 
me feeding a kitty treats
 
 
me pretending to be dead while small children revive me  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment