Monday, October 22, 2012

For my very last transfer I am being moved.


10-22-2012
Familia,

Well, I guess the big news of the week is that I did not survive transfers. Nope. For my very last transfer I am being moved. To serve in the Bloomingdale Spanish branch. I'm not really sure where I'll be serving, if I'll be in Bloomingdale or what, but I guess I'll let you know next week. I'll be serving with Hermana Moffat. I'm going to be completely honest. I really don't want to go. I do not want to be changed for my last 6 weeks. I feel like this is my home ward! I've been here for 9 months, and to get moved to another area for only 6 weeks? I won't even have time to get to know the branch. Its been heart breaking saying goodbye to people. Last night we had like 5 appointments to say goodbye, and today we have 6. On a pday. and because they are farewell appointments that means we get fed. So. . . expect to be rolling me off the airplane. :) Packing is going to be so crazy. I have no idea how I have accumulated so much junk. But I managed to pack up my desk last night, and tonight is going to be everything else. Oh man. . I'm basically probably just going to give anything extra I don't want to send home to Millie, or the other sisters serving in the English ward.

So aside from transfers, this week was pretty good. I think. I can't really remember what else happened. . . Regular appointments i guess. Yesterday and today are full of goodbyes, which is really sad. But during those goodbyes last night we were able to set three people on date to be baptized!

Alejandra Armenta, who is part of the Armenta family that we have been visiting forever finally prayed about being baptized. We asked her to pray about being baptized on Nov 17. She did it, and felt good about it. But she is still scared, and was super hesitant to set a date. But I just told her we needed to show God that she trusted him and wanted to be baptized by setting that goal, but that if the day came and she still wasn't sure or ready, she didn't have to be baptized. But she totes will be.

And then we finally got the Luarca kid's mom to give them permission to be baptized on Dec 1. They are such a legit family. The kids are so freaking smart. When we asked them how they felt when they prayed to know if they needed to get baptized, the 12 year old told he he felt "confident." BEST ANSWER EVER. They are awesome.

So yeah. I'm really sad to leave. Its turning out to be the hardest thing ever. My poor little heart is breaking. The worst is going to be saying goodbye to the Salgado's, who are my family now, and to Imelda. I'm the first missionary she ever met, so its gonna be super hard on her, and I just love her to death and thus its gonna kill me.

We have to come back and visit these people. I keep telling people I'll come back, and they all tell me everyone says that but then no one really comes back. We have to. Okay?

Well, Love you. Have fun in Hawaii. I'll let you know how Bloomingdale is next week.

Les Quiero,
Shaelyn


Luarca's
 
my new hair?
 
me and Esmerelda!
 
millie and i :)
 
us and Esmerelda
 
millie, lucero, and i
 
the economy in Melrose Park is still struggling apparently
 
best guitar ever. pink and glittery? yes please.
 
familia Aguirre

familia Aguirre
 
familia Arreguin

familia Arreguin
 
Alejandra Armenta
 
Graciela Nunez
 
Familia Avitia
 
The Westchester 2 Missionaries
 
packing party

packing party

millie and i :)
 
hair dying! 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment