Friday, July 15, 2011

Last Email from the MTC!!!

7-15-2011

Querida Familia,

Last email from the MTC!!! I was basically terrified until last Sunday, but now I am just excited. I am so ready to go. My travel plans came last Friday night, and we are leaving the MTC bright and early Tuesday morning at 4 am and our flight leaves the SLC airport at 7:10. This means that I will most likely be calling around 6 am, so you better be ready. :) I hope this means that daddy can be there too though, but since I don't have a specific time that I know I will be calling don't have him wait for me. If he's not there I will try his cell and leave a message if he doesn't answer. :) The MTC president right now used to be a mission president in Chicago and we talked to him as well as our teacher who served in Chicago to try and get an idea of what might happen when we arrive. They both said that most likely on the train ride into the city (about 30 minutes) we'll contact and hand out a Book of Mormon, then we get REAL food, PIZZA, and a tour of the city. We'll go back to the mission home for training and interviews and such and in the morning meet our new companions! But since President Doll wasn't the president when my teacher first got there, it might be a little different. I'll let you know how it goes though, whenever my next p-day is.

Today we have in field orientation, but they gave those of us with p-days usually scheduled on fridays time to email, so today is all workshops basically. Its different, which is kind of nice. We get a p-day tomorrow to do laundry, and I'm probably going to do most of my packing then. That is also when I'll get any of my hand written letters out.

This past week has been pretty good. Like I said in my last email, we cleaned the temple last Friday. The elders had to scrub the kitchens but the sisters got to take apart, clean, and put back together the chandeliers in the big sealing rooms. It was really neat. I was actually a little disappointed when we got asked to clean the temple because it took up an extra hour of our p-day that I could have used to write letters or relax, but I'm really glad that we did get to, it was a great experience.

One down side to this past week is that one of the elders in our district ended up going home. He told us (my companionship) about a half hour before he left, and it turned into a really emotional night. After 8 weeks of being with someone almost all day every day, you either are going to hate them or really love them, and he was probably one of the elders that I felt like was one of my closest friends. He was also supposed to be going to Chicago, so its rough that he won't be going out with us. Hopefully he'll be able to make it back, he will be an awesome missionary if he does.

I got your package with the brownies in it yesterday! Thank you they are delicious! My roommates, companions, and the elders in our district also thank you. :) I'm glad everyone had a good time at girls camp! The picture I got looks like you guys were nice and grungy!! Also, the cook out up green canyon sounds awesome. I'm jealous, I wish I could do something like that. Or just eat food that wasn't here. SOON!!! And a trip to Mexico when I get back sounds pretty much like the best thing ever. Yes, Please.

Hailey: I met a couple of Elders this week who said they knew you. Elder Luke Patterson and Elder Justin Harris. I know you said not to embarrass you if I met anyone you know, but not to worry, when I found out they were from Logan and your age all I asked was if they knew you and they both went on about how awesome you were. Elder Patterson said you were friends in middle school and that you are awesome painter and really cool. Elder Harris said he did Colony with you and that were awesome. So yeah. My sister is famous, its whatevs. :P

I love you all!!! I'll talk to you Tuesday morning bright and early!!!

Les Quiero,

Hermana Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment